On Friday last John O’Loughlin and I talked to a full seminar room at George Washington on our research findings in three of the Eurasian ‘De Facto States’ (the emergent consensual term among academics though this is at variance with more geopoliticizing understandings). We presented 10 slides and disaggregated the results on ‘Soviet Union’s collapse as a wrong move’ and ‘best political system’ by age and socio-economic status). We are currently preparing our first publication comparing these regions as well as a paper that deals specifically with South Ossetia.
Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets