This Thursday, 8 December 2011, I am scheduled to give a public lecture as part of the public celebrations surrounding the 40th anniversary of the Geography Department at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. I got my undergraduate degree from the program back in 1982 and so I am very pleased to be marking this occasion. The title is: ‘After Ethnic Cleansing: Bosnian Lessons for the Caucasus.’ and its at 1800 hours in the John Hume Building, Lecture Theatre 4.
Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Public Opinion in Frontline Ukrainian Cities in 2022
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets