Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Duck of Minerva US IR scholars on contemporary international affairs
- Geographical Imaginations 2020 Historic posts on war & space by Derek Gregory
- Political Geography Specialty Group Political Geography Specialty Group, Association of American Geographers
- Political Violence at a Glance
- Progressive Geographies Thinking about place and power
- Government and International Affairs The Government and International Affairs program at Virginia Tech
- The School of Public and International Affairs School of Public and International Affairs at Virginia Tech
- The De Facto States Project The De Facto States Project
- Short Public Affairs Articles in 2023.
- Public Opinion in Frontline Ukrainian Cities in 2022
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
- Public Outreach Articles on New Research Findings 2020
- Re-visiting Blame Attribution around the MH17 Tragedy
- First Look at Geopolitical Orientations
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: war on terror
‘Dirty Wars’ Washington premier at E Street cinema
Because the initial showing sold out E Street switched the show to Theatre 4, their largest, and it was almost full by showtime. Despite the topic, the US corn industry had a good night as people were shoveling the stuff … Continue reading
Posted in Current affairs, Dirty Wars, drones, Jeremy Scahill, Obama, Somalia, war on terror, Washington D.C., Yemen 3 Comments
The Endless Everywhere War? America’s War of Terror, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0….
Asked at a Senate hearing yesterday how long the war on terrorism will last, Michael Sheehan, the assistant secretary of defense for special operations and low-intensity conflict, answered: “At least 10 to 20 years…” A spokeswoman later clarified that Sheehan … Continue reading
Posted in CIA, Current affairs, drones, Geography, Geopolitics, George Bush, war on terror, Washington D.C., Yemen Tagged Dirty Wars, Scahill Leave a comment