Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Short Public Affairs Articles in 2023.
- Public Opinion in Frontline Ukrainian Cities in 2022
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
- Public Outreach Articles on New Research Findings 2020
- Re-visiting Blame Attribution around the MH17 Tragedy
- First Look at Geopolitical Orientations
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: anniversary
The Saddest Place: Beslan Plus 9
Nine years ago the siege of School Number 1 in Beslan, North Ossetia ended in disastrous circumstances with 336 people killed, almost two hundred of them children. The mundane ramshackle ruins of the gutted school buildings are deeply affecting reminders … Continue reading
Posted in Beslan, chemical weapons, Obama, Putin, Syria Tagged anniversary, Beslan, chemical weapons, G-20 summit, Putin, Syria Leave a comment
Happy Birthday Republika Srpska!
Milorad Dodik, President of the Republika Srpska entity in Bosnia-Herzegovina, held a ’20th birthday party’ for the entity on 9 January 2012. That was the date that Radovan Karadzic and the rest of the leadership of the Serb Democratic Party … Continue reading