To mark the anniversary of the August 2008 war, the English language Azerbaijani web site News.Az conducted a series of interviews with various specialists on the Caucasus. There are interesting interviews with Lincoln Mitchell and Hans Gotbrod. My interview sought to draw attention to Ireland’s role as chair of OSCE this year and to how the Northern Ireland peace settlement offers some hope for addressing contested territorial sovereignty disputes.
Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Public Opinion in Frontline Ukrainian Cities in 2022
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets