Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
- Public Outreach Articles on New Research Findings 2020
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Northern Ireland
Derry and Mostar are divided by histories of sectarian strife and ethnoterritorialism, and physically united by bridges as symbols of aspirational unity (like the peace bridge above, photo credit Peter MacDiarmid). At the end of this month I am participating in … Continue reading
To mark the anniversary of the August 2008 war, the English language Azerbaijani web site News.Az conducted a series of interviews with various specialists on the Caucasus. There are interesting interviews with Lincoln Mitchell and Hans Gotbrod. My interview sought … Continue reading