Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- Six months of bloody war in Ukraine
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Africa
There has been a lot of speculation on the likely impacts of global warming on violent conflict across the globe. In a new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), my former adviser and research … Continue reading
The events in Aurora this weekend re-awakened some horrible memories for those associated with Virginia Tech. In discussions on television and elsewhere, ‘Virginia Tech’ has unfortunately joined the litany of names of horrific acts of mass violence perpetrated by deranged … Continue reading