Professor Government and International AffairsVirginia Tech, VTRC Office 6-020,900 North Glebe Road,Arlington, VA 22203, USA
Popular CategoriesAbkhazia August War Bosnia Bosnian war Caucasus conflict Critical Geopolitics Current affairs De Facto States Democracy ethnic cleansing Five Day War forced displacement genocide Geography Geopolitics Georgia Nagorno-Karabakh Nagorny Karabakh nationalism Obama Political Borders Political Geography Putin Radovan Karadzic South Ossetia Syria Uncategorized war crimes Washington D.C. World political map
- New Research: Ukrainian attitudes toward territorial compromises.
- Articles in The Irish Times on the Ukraine Crisis and War
- Research on public opinion in the Donbas on the eve of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- New Research on Public Attitudes in the Contested Donbas/s Region
- Public Outreach Articles on New Research Findings 2020
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Climate Change
There was some debate at CARFMS on the category of ‘climate refugees,’ whether this is a useful construct or a problematic conceptualization and narrative. Ted Itani, a deeply experienced former United Nations official now affiliated with the Pearson Centre at … Continue reading
There has been a lot of speculation on the likely impacts of global warming on violent conflict across the globe. In a new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), my former adviser and research … Continue reading